Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Abu Dhabi


"To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries." - Aldous Huxley


I never thought that my first international experience would be with UAE. I went to Abu Dhabi along with my office colleagues to attend an international conference organized by IAEA.

About Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi was a beautiful place, far better than I had expected. We got down at the Dubai international airport and took a taxi to Abu Dhabi. There were tall buildings on both sides of the road and the quality of infrastructure was far better than I had ever seen before. The selection of colors, architecture, cleanliness, and well-maintained structures must be the reason for my first impression. 


Yas Marina Island




We spent 4 days at Yas Marina Island which is famous for its formula one racing circuit. The circuit is considered to be one of the world's most technologically advanced circuits. Besides this, the architecture of buildings at the Yas Marina Island was unique; the island was surrounded by artificial body of water and natural greenery which added to its beauty.


Yas Marina Circuit
I wasn't sure about getting time to visit the circuit, but luckily we had one dinner party in the building which was part of the racing circuit. 


There were a number of internationally famous hotels at the Island. We stayed at 'Hotel Park Inn'. The view from the hotel was superb. There was a swimming pool in front of the balcony and a number of umbrellas were provided along with sun bathing chairs. The end of the boundary wall was the beginning of a ground blanketed by lush green grass. Even their grass and trees were more beautiful and elegant. 


View from Balcony of Hotel Park Inn




There was one important thing that I had observed during the visit. The quality of almost everything was far superior to that in India. Even the Lux soap gave better foam and fragrance and I could feel the difference as it treated my skin very gently. To share few more: the quality of air, the types of vehicles running on the road, the quality of service at the hotel, the quality of their food, the amount of money people earn there, and many other things made me feel that I have been missing something good for last several years of my life. 


There are 2 sides of every coin. If there were several good things, there were many restrictions as well. You can't get too romantic there on the road or in public places and must maintain the decency/decorum without any public display of affection  (PDA) of course. There were several other restrictions. So depending on your life style, it could be a good or bad place for you.





No comments:

Post a Comment