Saturday, May 5, 2012

Mahabalipuram

Mahabalipuram was the only place around my residence where I thought life existed. I was working at an isolated location called Anupuram - BHAVINI nuclear power plant township. Anupuram was about 10 kms from Mahabalipuram. After all the stress in the office, I wanted to have a peaceful evening. Moreover, I considered everyday of my life to be very important and wanted to have something for myself everyday. 

Anupuram was completely isolated from the city. There were no multiplexes, no shopping malls, and no other amenities. I couldn't travel everyday to Chennai as it took almost 2 hours to reach in the city. Somehow, I found Mahabalipuram as the place where I could live the way I wanted. I had to rent a car to go there. Though it was a costly affair, I decided to do so to be happy each day.

Mahabalipuram beach is neither wide nor clean, but still it looked beautiful in evenings and mornings. The sky looked beautiful during mornings and evenings. 


Evening (L) and Early Morning (R) @ Mahabalipuram
Afternoons were so hot, you couldn't even think of going there. However, there were number of foreigners you will find on the beach. I always use to wonder how do they take sun bath in such hot weather. 


Gossiping with friends @ Othawadi street stretch of beach
I usually preferred to go to Othawadi street in Mahabalipuram which had some small but very nice restaurants. The street was always crowded with foreigners. There were local shops, where you could see artists hammering the stones to create imitations or statues. The fresh air and lively atmosphere  of the street did cheer me up every time I went there. There were few occasions when my friends use to come from Chennai to visit this place.

'The blue elephant' was one of my favorite restaurant. If you are anywhere near Chennai, do visit this place in the evening.

1 comment:

  1. Life will never be the same....... thanks for reminding those sweet & sour moments.

    ReplyDelete